Meatballs and Tortellini In A Creamy Sage Sauce
- 16 to 20 Prima Familia® Meatballs
- 1 pkg. cheese and mushroom ravioli or tortellini
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped fresh sage or 1 1/2 tsp. crumbled dried sage
- 3/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
Cook pasta according to package directions, and drain well. Keep warm.
Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add pine nuts and toast until light brown and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Do not stop stirring or the nuts will burn. Using a slotted spoon, transfer nuts to a small bowl.
Add shallots and sage to the same skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine/broth and cream. Increase heat and boil until sauce is reduced to a generous 3/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water. While the sauce is still boiling, slowly add the cornstarch mixture until the sauce is to your desired thickness.
While the sauce is reducing, place the meatballs on a large plate and microwave them as directed on package.