Meatball and Rice Casserole
- 18-24 Prima Familia® Meatballs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup sliced button or baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of asparagus or celery soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 9" x 9" baking dish, and spread the uncooked rice on the bottom. Add the meatballs, bacon and mushrooms.
In a medium bowl, combine the soups, water, butter and sherry. When mixed, pour over the casserole.
Bake uncovered for 2 1/2 hours. Remove casserole, and change over to broil. Top with cheese, almonds and bread crumbs, and return to the oven. Let broil until cheese is melted and breadcrumbs and almonds are toasted.