Pot Roast Burgers
- 4 Philly Gourmet® Patties
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 small celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, removed from stem and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef stock
- 2 sandwich-size English muffins, split
- Grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh chives, chopped (optional)
Heat about 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil in a sauce pot over medium heat. Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and mushrooms, and season with the bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover the pot to sweat the vegetables for 10 minutes.
Uncover the pot, and stir in the tomato paste for 1 minute. Make a well in the center of the pot, and add the butter. Mix the flour into the stock, and when the butter is melted, add the stock and mix. Bring the stew to a simmer, and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. Discard the bay leaf.
While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the patties as directed on package. While the patties are cooking, you can toast the muffins. Place a muffin half on a plate and top with a patty. Spoon the stew over top and garnish with cheese and chives.