Cowboy Stew with Cornbread
- 16 Philly Gourmet® Sandwich Steaks
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chopped red, yellow and/or orange peppers
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup salsa or taco sauce (as hot or mild as you prefer)
- 8.5 oz. to 12 oz. pkg. corn muffin mix
Preheat oven to 400° F. In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook steaks and chili powder until steaks are just browned, chopping them as they cook.
Stir in soup, peppers, corn and salsa or taco sauce. Heat to boiling. Reduce to low; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Pour into a 2 quart, greased casserole.
Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package; spoon evenly over soup mixture. The muffin mix will appear to sink, but spoon evenly and slowly to assure full coverage.
Bake at least 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin mixture comes out clean. Let rest for at least 10 minutes to allow everything to cool and set.
For a less soupy mixture, you can use 1/2 can of soup, add more steaks or trade the creamed corn for whole kernel sweet corn.