Tex Mex French Bread Pizza
- 24 Prima Familia® Meatballs, thawed and cut in half
- 2 loaves French bread (about 6” long)
- 15 oz. jar queso cheese dipping sauce
- 2 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes (1 with jalapeno, 1 with cilantro and lime juice)
- 6 to 8 oz. sliced white mushrooms
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F. Slice the loaves in half lengthwise. Place on a baking tray, and toast in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes. You just want the bread to be crunchy, not toasted.
Spread the queso sauce evenly on the four pieces of bread. Press the meatball halves into the cheese sauce. Drain the juice from the tomatoes, and spoon over the meatballs. Top with mushrooms and mozzarella.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the mozzarella is melted and the queso sauce is bubbly. Cut and serve warm.
Note: This makes a quick after-school snack for a study group.